I’m not really a frequent shopper. I tend to buy one pair of shoes, one handbag, etc and wear it out until it’s pretty much broken. Case in point, the zip on my black handbag (which I’ve used everyday for about 3 years) has pretty much torn away from the leather. My black jeans have faded to a worn in, mottled grey and the material has thinned. I think it’s because I find it hard to a) convince myself that anything is worth the money and b) make a decision on whether that particular item is the item that I want to be wearing for the next 3 years.
I was going to reward myself with an extravagantly, ridiculously overpriced handbag (I was daydreaming about a Givenchy Antigona or a Prada Saffiano) upon signing the contract for my new role. After all, the role represents a huge milestone in my career; being my first Manager title and the breakthrough into the 6 figure salary bracket! But in the end, I couldn’t bring myself to drop that amount of money on one item. So instead, I decided to spend half that amount on a wardrobe refresh. I feel a little bit guilty about it, but am also stoked that I managed to stock up on so many versatile basics.
Here’s what I bought for those who are interested.
- Marcs // Laura Slouchy Hobo Bag // $215 AU (20% off sale)
- Everlane // U Neck Sweater in Black and Grey // White Silk Band-Collar Shirt // 3 t shirts (2 not pictured) // $260 US in total
- Portmans // Black Label Ebony Skirt // $80 AU
- Armani Exchange // Black High Rise Legging Jeans // $149 AU
- Saba // Alexis Crop Pant // $130 AU (25% off sale)
- Topshop // Leigh Black Jeans // $84 AU
- Marcs // Snake Loafers // $130 AU (20% off sale)
I hope you’re all having a great weekend. I will now be immersing myself in Financial Accounting (what a contrast from the shopping!) and I’m also hoping to enjoy some sun.